Days of our Lives...


The title has nothing to do with this post. Its just being a F.R.I.E.N.D.S Fanatic ...Hello!

Well , I request you to read completely because this is how life is….

So, wishing a belated Independence Day to all Pakistanis and Indians and a big sorry for the late post. Lazy mornings and sleepy nights or rather the other way round, that makes more sense.

Holding onto a new book from a new author- ‘The girl on the Train' , me and my friend entered the railway station. Little did we know how the journey would turn out to be. The last minute vacation announcement left us no time for the tickets and so we were still on the waiting list. It was my first journey alone so I was pretty much excited. With cancelled tickets we sought for a plan. Well , making of the plan, its execution and its success is another story.

My story is nothing about this. 16hrs was the total journey time, but all I felt like was just 4 - 5 hrs. That’s the magic of being with your friend, time just runs away. Our plan was to read the book and then watch a movie and then find something else to kill the rest time. A beautiful sunset, total chaos, all nonsense, and finally a good bye, all to meet after 10 days. This was a very special journey and so I decided to give the title - The Girls on the Train.

My destination was Palakkad, a beautiful district in Kerala with paddy farms and greenery all around. But that was years ago. I was shocked to find concrete monsters all around. All those farms gone. All swallowed up by these monsters.

Even though I’m an architecture student, I do not like the idea of concrete buildings and skyscrapers everywhere. My concept is somewhat different, its similar to the one called environmental or sustainable architecture. Including nature in all that we build and thus striking the balance between the two so that it looks like a form in nature rather than a bit of nature in a form. Woah! What a concept...! Why don't these come at the juries ?

Well, I know I pretty much dragged you folks a lot. Well let’s hear a story.

Once upon a time, in the long lost woods of memories, there was a boy. He didn’t know what it meant to be loved and so didn’t believe in love. All he knew was , everyone is born selfish and lived for all by themselves. After all the dark incidents in his life, he lost belief in himself too. He had been lost in this forest since years now. Someone, in a faraway land wished if he could be brought back. But it seemed impossible, but never lost hope. She was the Princess of the Garden of love. Trial after trial, hurdle after hurdle, nothing kept her away. She paid no heed to the flowers in the Garden .They warned her of all sadness and darkness that could take over the Garden if anything went wrong. All she said was, if it could bring him back, that would be the greatest of all, nothing else matters. Each trial meant losing flowers of her garden. She knew if she would keep trying, she could end up losing the whole garden. All she wanted was to bring him back. With the slightest change of bringing him back, she kept trying and ended up losing half of her Garden.

Now that was a senseless story, but I think I can make a point, experienced in giving juries !
Was the princess right or wrong? That is up to you to decide. But the point is ; Even with the slightest possibility of bringing back the boy to life, the princess set out in her mission. Even when all around her says it was impossible she doesn't budge a bit.  All she does is taking it up as a challenge. Here we are the princess and our dreams and hidden passions is the boy who is lost in the forest of our fears and social stigmas. Give it a thought. After all, I'm not that bad at making stories.

Thank you for bearing me!

I told you right, this is how life is and so is my post, you expect something and then all of a sudden some nonsense happens and then you are confused about what’s happening and by the time you are out of confusion something else falls on your head. This is Life, it’s a horrible mess just like this post ! All the best dealing with it !
I promise to come back with a refreshing post soon....
My dear Readers, you are my strength and inspiration...
Do give in your comments and suggestions. Mail me at reshmy1997@gmail.com
Cheers !









Comments

Popular Posts