Guess the Show


Have you noticed how tv series directors and story writers add unusual cliffhangers and additional drama as they reach the 5th or 6th season? I think God too is one such scriptwriter. 

If you want Drama, just meet me. People call me the “Chalthi Phirthi Drama Queen” (Subtitle: The traveling Drama queen ).
Well, that can’t come as a shocker because that’s how much movies flow in my blood. 
Adding to this, I have blessed with so many dramatic situations too.

Just take the example of a simple election. How simple is it? Go, cast your vote and wait for results. If you are over-enthusiastic, you might join in the campaign too. There the story ends. But what if, you were the contestant. Yes, I have told you this before.

Before joining my college, I have won in all elections I have contested. ( All this bragging is soon to die) and then college happened. I am actually proud and happy when I say I lost 2 consecutive elections. I learned a lot. I thank all the God for the lose (Victory) in the first election. I saw my friend who won that election literally die from work pressure. The second election showed me, my real friends. I remember that day really well. After the counting was done and results announced, my friends didn’t console, rather they roasted me. What would have ended up as a crying melodrama became a pure comedy?

“ I know you are really sad, but it is okay, anyone would be sad when they lose 2 elections…”, “You can go and cry in the corner there. We will not tell anyone…”, “ See this is to whoever who didn’t vote for her, next year too, don’t vote for her…”, “ You should be heartbroken, you have to gain all the willpower and contest in the next election. That’s how you will be able to get a Hat-rick”. 

Funnily enough, I lost elections to people who shared the same first name!
If that’s not enough drama, let me get you some more.

There was a time when I thought everyone loved me. In fact, I used to refer to my guy friends as my brothers and bhaiya lest that they fall in love with me. Don’t you worry my friend, I’m out of that misunderstanding. Most of them like me a lot and I must say I do get a lot of attention much to the dismay of many. But I think I have this rare and particular vibe. It is kind of a “Friend at first sight” type. Well, I am a great friend, you know! ( Self-Praise at its best ) 
Maybe I could be the queen of friend-zone one day. I always wanted to be a queen. Or maybe it is because of my unbearable humour sense.

There was one time when my friend told me that I would find a suitable match or a boyfriend if I put aside my feminism. The problem here is that they don’t understand what feminism is but I very well understand. The misconception that all feminists hate men needs to die. I’m a feminist and I too dream of having a soul mate. As kids it is easier to believe that one fine day our prince charming is going to come but as I stand today reality hits me hard. First of all, there is no prince charming coming my little one. Be the princess charming and go for your prince hunt. Secondly, its okay to be scared to think about commitments. I still am. And it will pass. 
That's too much philosophical. Leave that aside. Whatever it is, who is even reading this right. It is basically like me talking to me but on a social platform.


All I got to tell you is - "The show must go on"




Ups and Downs and all Drama and Masala are a part of it, just relish it like a good series. Dark times too shall pass. Don’t be afraid to try, lest it may render your series boring for you. And, there is always a second chance. You lose nothing when you try. Just a try, and maybe it might work out.

The best part of having this blog is the immense support I have from my friends. They do not even read this. And I can openly blabber anything and everything as no one is going to know!



So, Have a great Weekend!

Lots and Lots of Love,
Reshmy 
The Drama Queen

Comments

Popular Posts