Cileema #1


My vacations were lit. Not that I went somewhere exotic or did some skill training. I watched a lot of movies. I mean A LOT; four to five movies daily. I love movies. It is something that makes me think and wonder. And it is not a new phenomenon I discovered lately. I was always this crazy about movies and language was never a barrier. Even if there was an exam or a jury - Movies were always my priority.

 Since time immemorial, even before I learned to call 'Amma'; I learned the word 'Cileema', that was my way of saying cinema.
People say that I have a way with words, well I had a way of saying them too. Juice was Juicaaa, 'Pattu' (Malayalam word for song) was Pattaaa (which meant junk).

So, I happened to watch quite a lot of movies. IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes became my guides. But quite a lot of movies failed to impress me. That is what brings me here. I will be posting reviews of movies, and by reviews I mean, very honest and totally unbiased. I watch all genres and sometimes am lucky enough to watch first-day shows and I thought of using my hobby to write. I will be covering movies which most of them leave behind. You see, I write about everything.



'Cileema' will be a page on this website with short reviews of all the movies old as well as new just a click away from your fingertips. It will as honest as it can be because I'm not getting paid by anybody to write good or bad. No spoilers will be spilled at any cost. Movies from any language can be expected. Every week I will give away a list of movies worth watching.

Here is this weeks list 

1. Searching (2018) ( English )
A mystery thriller gets you up on the edge of your seat. The creative narrative and interesting plot twists make it a must watch.
2. Set it Up (2018) ( English )
A fun loving easy go movie, one-time watch. A new premise and simple plot. Perfect for your lazy afternoons.
3. Varathan (2018) ( Malayalam )
A very different movie which portrays the ordeals of a modern woman in backward towns. The movie successfully makes the viewer experience those ordeals through certain camera angles and sequences. An eye-opener.
4. Gifted (2017) ( English )
A beautiful movie showing the life of a genius. The difficulties they face and the blissful moments they miss upon in their journey towards awards and recognition.
5. Mahanati (2018) ( Telugu )
A biography based on famous south Indian actress Savitri portrayed by Keerthi Suresh beautifully on screen. Watch it for the sheer beauty of acting by the lead actors and the cinematography that teleports us back in time.
6. Gudachaari (2018) ( Telugu )
A spy and his adventures in joining a secret spy organisation and the hardships they have to face. Thrilling and gripping. A one time watch.
7. CoCo (2017) ( English )
A beautiful and deep narrative that shows the beauty of family. Watch it for the interwoven family moments and detailed characters. A true gem in the animated industry.
8. Nappily Ever After (2018) ( English )
True liberation and freedom to women. Brings out the real beauty behind the mask and the patriarchial beauty standards. A beautiful and empowering movie that is sure to give you a strong pat to move ahead in life.
9. Shaadi main Zaroor aana (2017) ( Hindi)
A movie focusing on the aspirations and dreams of a town girl who faces a dilemma in choosing between a career and her lover. The journey starts abruptly only to be faced by hurdles that she never imagined. A new premise and plot, one-time watch. The romance between the duo is appreciable.
10. Candy Jar (2018) ( English )
A high school movie showing the race to get into our dream colleges leaving behind the opportunities to weave sweet memories that would keep us alive in our last days. The movie also brings in other important plotlines and keeps us wanting for more. 


Watch these and let me know any other good movies you know!
Until next edition,
This is Reshmy Raphy signing off,
Have a great week ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts