Did I say 'Surprise'?


First of all, let me express my deep sadness regarding the discontinuing of Google+. For many, it would have been just another social networking platform but for me, it was the perfect stage that brought me the huge number of the audience I currently have! You will be MISSED!

Days were getting longer and boring and I sat staring at the blank screen of my laptop for hours. Waiting for the hours to pass by and enter the placid weekend. Randomly I decided to pick up my phone and guess what I found? My friends interning in Delhi were coming over for the weekend. My joy grew no bounds. A surprise visit! I didn't know what was happening around me!

I was excited beyond bounds to just meet them. By now, you all must know how fond of Sundays I really am. Will you believe me if I told you that I got up at 5 am and got ready to leave for the railway station to pick them up? 

While I hurriedly packed my sling bag and got into the cab, I couldn't believe what was happening. Like was it real or is it one of my dreams? I got to the station and impatiently sipped off a cup of hot chai while others stared at my restlessness.

My heart beat pounced and was racing when that automated lady voice uttered the news of the train's arrival. Could I be happier?
I was meeting all of them after 2 long months and a lot had changed in these 2 months. I was smiling like a mad girl and if someone had clicked my picture they could have detailed out all my 28 teeth ( Yeah, I don't have the wisdom teeth, hence the extend of my wisdom)
Dhiraj, SriLekha, Lingaraj,and Vagmita; they took a 14-hour journey in the general compartment to visit Udaipur! Woah! I was more than excited to take them around this small city. That's when the next big thing happened! Lingaraj, unknowingly spilled the beans! Garima was too on her journey to Udaipur from Ahmedabad! A surprise within a surprise! 

What was set out to be the most boring weekend instantly turned into being one of the best? We freshened up and I took up charge as their tour guide. We started off with a variety street breakfast session with over 10 different items located beside Saheliyon ki Badi, another tourist place just beside our house.

We planned and after a lot of thinking visited the Sajjan Garh Fort, which I will not suggest to anybody. People say it is at its best when the monsoon arrives. But all we found was a boring lifeless fort atop a hill.But it was us, so even that boring place turned sprightly!

 I must say I do not look my best, but I was definitely the happiest. By then Garima had reached the Fatehsagar Lake and we were still stuck on the hilltop fort. We all imagined how we were gonna be drowned in the lake and how to escape from her vicious claws that she paints in the shades of peach and beige.
She was indeed pissed off but when you meet your best friends squad after 2 months, all anger and distress melted into the lake. 


The Gangaur Ghat
Book cover - How to Pacify Garima? 




Our next location was Under The Sun Aquarium. To be honest, this too was boring, I mean except for the augmented reality part, everything else was just too plain. I realized that travel guide couldn't be among my career choices. The augmented reality was actually fun. People getting scared and screaming for their lives when a deadly shark came to tear them up into bits and pieces was actually enjoyable. Did I sound sadistic and psychotic? 


What if I had powers to communicate with fishes? #LeAquawoman

The best part is yet to come. Suddenly it occurred to me that it was Monday the next day and I didn't want to go to the office after all these gala time. So like everybody else, I asked for a holiday and was instantly given. So now I could enjoy without any tensions. Our next location was Gangaur Ghat and Sun n Moon Cafe. A beautiful place that we decided to spend just 4 hours there. 

The last person you would want to run into at any point of time outside working hours is your boss. Guess who I ran into? My senior architect who was chilling at the same place. Surprisingly she was too chill and even suggested a few places to go around! 
We watched the sunset and headed towards the most awaited part of the evening - The Local Train performance at Udaipur World Music Festival!
This was the second time I was witnessing The Local Train perform and I must say they do have magic in the way they perform. Well, all good thing come to an end it too did...
The perfect sunset

The Mandatory group photo 

I'm gonna end it here, for I wish they never left!

Well, I have skipped a few instances of chases, bus booking and getting stranded from this blog post!
Hope you too have surprises ahead this weekend!

FunFact: Three years ago on this day we were in Rajasthan, Jaipur to be precise, for our first ever college trip!



Comments

Popular Posts