The Last Note - Chapter 14


Early morning I woke up to her cries. I dozed off by the sofa and she was trying to free herself. She cried and told me she wasn’t aware of what happened yesterday. She was crying and telling that we should leave at the earliest possible. She kept saying that Rachelle would kill us and we should leave.

I untied her and she was in pain. All she did was crying, uttering those same lines over and over again and then she fainted. I hurried her to the hospital. They said it was out of exhaustion. The doctor suggested me to consult a psychiatrist regarding her unusual behavior. I thought it was a better option.

Dr.Samuel was reputed in this field and he was available then. I got an appointment to meet him. After about half an hour, I was able to meet him.
After hearing about all that happened a year ago and Sarah’s unusual behavior, he said that it was because she was very much attached to Rachelle. And upon coming to her residence, she must have been reminded of the past events eventually leading to a mental trauma.
His explanation for her trying to kill me was about her fear. She fears from within and this has lead to hallucinations of Rachelle’s spirit. Must be that she is very sensitive and that she thinks Rachelle committed suicide must be scaring her.
He assured me that counseling could do the job and they were ready for it the very next day. Sarah was still in sedation. The duty doctor and nurses reported that she continuously called upon Rachelle’s name and cried.

I left home late. I left my phone at home. I had around 20 missed calls from Ben. I fetched a glass of water and dialed his number, it was switched off. I tried several times later but it was still switched off. I was going through those letters and email over and over again, I remembered about Rachelle’s diary that I …I definitely brought it along. I think it was somewhere in there in the mess. I was in the middle of cleaning all the mess when Ben called.

He was all angry about me not attending his call. I had to tell him what took me so long and why I was staying in India. I explained it in detail but still he wasn’t convinced. The letters, the mail…nothing could convince him. He was in a rage. He said that I was out of my senses and I should be back at the earliest. I was adamant that I find out all that happened and I would return only after Sarah is well.

This was the first time we fought after we got back together. He usually understands whatever I wanted to do, but this time. I don’t know, I would be better finding that diary in the mess. It was already early morning by the time I cleaned up the mess but I didn’t get the diary. I searched almost everywhere and found it under one of the sofas.

I sat to rest. I couldn’t rest until everything was in place. Page by page I started reading. That’s when I noticed something. I hurried to get those letters and yes, I was not wrong. They had the same handwriting, the same familiar handwriting.

To be continued...


Comments

Popular Posts