The Last Note - Chapter 15

What was I supposed to conclude? Rachelle is alive and all this was her prank or that …it was just a mere coincidence. I wanted to believe the first one though.

She was very particular about writing only the best incidents in her life in the diary. One by one I went through them. A few of them brought a whole lot of memories of our good old days.

“ Papa told me that we were going back to India after my graduation to start the Publishing house in Mumma’s name. Mumma would be happy to know this, she loved us a lot…”
.
“ Daniel confessed that he was not responsible for Sarah’s brother. Edwin had not even come to meet him that day. He lied to Sarah about going with Daniel. I am relieved. I knew Daniel would not do such a thing…”
.
“Sarah is well again. She recovered from that shock. I am not going to tell her the truth though. Those memories might disturb her again …”

And

“Today was a memorable day! Good lords, this was the day I waited for all my life. He finally said it to me. Daniel, I love you, too.”

What surprised me was that it was dated 5 years back, which meant they both started liking each other even while in college and we didn’t know of it. I believed Rachelle couldn’t hide anything from us. But I was wrong.
As I went on reading each and every note, I got to know more and more about Rachelle, whom I thought I knew well.

“Today, I and Daniel finally completed all the legal procedures of our publishing house; it was papa’s last wish.”

“Daniel loves me a lot; he is going to settle in Mumbai so that he could meet me anytime. We have been together for 3 years. ”

“Daniel got a job as assistant professor in JK College. That is where Papa studied. I feel so good.”
.
“Daniel and I are getting married next month. I want my friends here too. They are only relatives I have. I have tried calling them for a get together. I hope they like him and agree.”
“Jessica, Sarah, Ann and Isabelle are coming tomorrow. I can’t wait to tell them. We are meeting again after 5 long years.”
That was the last one she noted down. And she…

It was early morning. I had to get to the hospital soon. The appointment with the psychiatrist was today.
When I reached there, Sarah had just woken up. She was very confused and scared. I took her to the doctor. I called the doctor aside and told him of the similar condition she had undergone when she lost her brother but back then she was just shocked and used cry out loud. It was totally out of my mind; I was reminded when I read that diary.
The Dr.Samuel was well prepared. After a few sessions in my presence he took her to another room for counseling.
An hour later, I could see the relief in her eyes. She was indeed better and hugged me.
We left. On the way she asked if she could go to that Cliffside. At first I was taken aback but then I realized maybe that would help her feel better. She cried bitterly but was fine soon. We were back home. She didn’t talk much. All she did was stare into Rachelle’s Portrait and talk of all those things they used to do, how they used to prank me and fool around others.

Dr.Samuel called me later that night and asked if she was doing well. She was asleep and peaceful.

Now that she is fine; I got to get back onto my duty. Find Daniel.

To Be Continued...


Comments

Popular Posts