High on Ecstasy

Let me stop you right there before you climb your Everest of thoughts. No, I'm not on drugs. Why on earth did anyone would want to name a drug with such a beautiful name for an unexplainable emotion? 

The past one week was one hell of a time for me. You could just imagine how rough it could be if I said I couldn't even sleep well.
Things just didn't turn out the way I wanted to. Well, when did that ever happen in history..? 


Feeling lowkey and going on so for a week is not the typical me and I was wondering if I had lost it. 
As there is nothing that can't possibly get better, a simple treatment of a bar of chocolate and my favorite biscuits elevated me.

To be honest, today morning as I woke up, I was quite high. Unusually happy and excited to kick off today's butt.
Note that I can read minds. You are wondering how a person can know what feeling high is without actually getting drugged. 
Well, my friend, you need not taste poison to know that you will die if you had it.😜 
I was smiling and laughing all the way along and made some meaningful conversations and decisions. Just imagine how happy and equally surprised I'm to have to post about it as soon as I could.

Out of the blue, what if someone came up to you and told you that you were an angel?
Excessive smiling and chatting around was something that I enjoyed wholeheartedly after quite a long time.
After one such conversation, a deep question awaited me as I was waiting for one of my friends to catch up to my pace. "Have you ever been called an angel? "
Startled I thought she must be out of her minds as my guardian angel would have strangled herself at the very thought of me being an angel.

Yet she repeated, "You know what, you are an angel and why? Why because you said things that I never thought of, you just cleared my confusions and you came out of nowhere to rescue me from my new isolated lifestyle and dislike for things which I longed for once. God just worked his magic through you right now."



Just imagine how happy and elated I was to hear that. Some deep words they were. 


That entire conversation broken down gave me two lessons to take back home.


We all do have the destiny to become a turning point in someone's life. God works miraculously through us. It is just that we never know how. Even if you do or do not believe in God, you can't possibly argue about how you could change someone's life. It can be a small good deed or maybe a word or sentence you said. It could be anything. Saying this, I want to remind you of your duty, it can also work negatively. We need to be responsible for our actions and words lest it causes any harm or distress. 
Not caring about others may be a trend but I am not one of them and I definitely would not want my readers to be among them. For instance, the butterfly effect.
Oh, having said that; it was quite a good movie, watch it for some stirring thoughts.

The second lesson; you are greater than you think you are. Well, all narcissists should ignore this line. Most of us end up underestimating and undervaluing ourselves at some point in time; it is natural and you need not worry if this thought doesn't interrupt your routines. But if it does, my friend, you need to jot down all the times you thought you were successful in your eyes or maybe just talk to your mother.
Trust me, there is no other person on earth who can give you such a confidence boost. She is one person who sees through all your flaws and never fails to praise even your scribbling and might even dare to say things like you are the next Picasso.The secret of my confidence is my mom. All I do is talk to her. Her praises are like chocolates to me - instant happiness and the super boost of confidence. One another important person I am lucky to have is Jeslin. She is this one angel who never fails to understand me. And when I say angel, anyone who knows her would say the same. Highs or lows she never cared about herself, it was all about me. I'm really lucky and blessed to have her in my life.


That's all for today folks!
Wish you a great weekend ahead
Lots of Love
Reshmy

Comments

Popular Posts