A deadly compilation of airport adventures

Looks like it has been quite a long time since I wrote something. No, don't worry! I haven't forgotten how to write. Well, it wasn't my lazy bones alone to blamed for this time. It was my laptop that put me away from the scene and it was terrible. Well, things aren't back to normal but are definitely on a better track.

Training at Udaipur could be just left off this entire conversation. It is over and I'm glad it is. The place was a big-time romantic and beautiful one but the purpose tag to it never gave me its fullest. Just imagine your favorite actor turned up for a shoot in your city and you couldn't get out of the office due to a busy schedule. That's exactly what happened to me. Udaipur and I share secrets, memories, and life lessons. hence it will always remain close to me. It was bad, good and best. I know what you are thinking now. You think I have gone cuckoo.

Last month, I had paid a visit to the airports more than any other place. And each place had given me a story to share. What else would I have written if I didn't visit these airports?

The best one being the one at Cochin International Airport. First of let me give out a fangirl moment. At this point, being an architecture student stepping into the final year of studies, I must admit how certain buildings have actually swept me over my feet. one such is the Cochin International Airport. The traditional elements that were etched onto this huge space could be certainly blamed for one of the biggest blunders in my life. It quite doesn't connect right. Let me break it down for you.

Tale 1-
(Cochin International Airport)

Long story short, I forgot something. Like completely forgot my bag at the airport's cafe containing all the important documents, my laptop, hard disk and what not. You name it and it was in there. It was not until 2 hours had passed and I reached home that I realized that my bag was missing.
And that realization hit me so hard. I believed that I had completely lost everything and now I have to start afresh starting from a birth certificate. The journey back to the airport was nothing less than hell. I thought I were about to have a heart failure midway. I still do not know which Gods to thank for, I got my bag back. But had to hear the Terminal Manager yell at me about how I created total chaos and valuable time of Bomb squad and Dog Squad that had been wasted. To add the fuel to the fire, the airport was marked under red alert pertaining to some bomb threats earlier that morning. I could have landed up in jail.


Well, that is Tale 1. Tale 2 and Tale 3 seems so unimportant now that I said Tale 1. Damn it!, should have told Tale 1 in the end.

Tale 2
(Indigo flight)

 -  The emergency exit seats are the most responsible seats other than the pilots' if you ask me. And I have been assigned emergency seats on all flights post my 18th birthday. This time there was something different about it. The air hostess briefed me thrice that too with deep eye contact. It freaked the hell out of me. I thought I wouldn't make it. But hey! I'm here. 


PS. I'm still freaking out.

Tale 3
(Vijayawada Airport)

 -  I will not be surprised even if I find my photo stuck to the "Most Wanted" board, the next time I visit an airport. Because that's how many times they have stopped me at the security check. Yeah, I agree, the curly hair does give away a terrorist look. But I don't think that's valid even. 
This time only that the guy didn't budge even after checking the bag multiple times. He marked it suspicious and let me go. 


Nothing else happened, the flight just got delayed for 2 hours and we were good to go.

Tale 4 
(Bahrain International Airport)

- I was more than happy to be visiting my family after almost a year's gap. I trodded down the airport corridor with utmost excitement which vanished into flames minutes later or should I say hours later. I didn't receive my luggage. Yes. It seemed to be nowhere. The missing luggage and the earlier suspicious remark drove me nuts. I started whining at the lost and found and came out disappointed. It had all of my favourite old clothes and candies and delicacies that my Grandma had given me. 
Well, I received it the day. God alone knows how.


Tale 5
(All Airports)

- Nobody actually looks at the ceilings and services in a public place. But me being me, invited a lot of cop attention just because I was too interested in the facade supports and ceiling material and the services in and around. Now that I recall how I roamed around, I clearly understand why I got all that looks.

PS. Don't act suspicious and don't you dare ask anything about vents and services without showing your ID and explain to them your purpose.

I should probably quit ranting now. Well, it wasn't that bad. Else it would have been some boring flights to make.









Comments

Popular Posts