What not to do when new in college

What not to do when new in college


Namaste!


It is that season of the year, where kids are out in search of colleges. While most of them got into the colleges of their choice, some are awaiting rank lists, allotments, cut-offs and all those dreaded words.

I am still in college with a three-year experience that makes me eligible for today's role of giving advice about joining college. That’s what happens when you join in a 5-year course. 
This is the thing, there are definitely many secrets nobody tells you about college. Well, don’t you worry, I have got you covered. My sister too is a part of the same race. I wanna give you some real things that you should keep in mind. I will try my best to not sound like Wikihow. 

1. Don’t trust everybody - in fact just strike that off- Don’t trust anybody.




Far away from home, in a totally new place, you are vulnerable to believing and trusting anybody. That can be a problem. It may take a year to several years to find out trustworthy guys. But that doesn’t mean you go on telling everybody “my parents or sister told me not to trust anybody, so I don’t trust you” that's basically my sisters move. yes she did say repeatedly “ Amma told not to take chocolates from strangers, so I can’t take this “ to one of our family friends she apparently didn’t know even after my mom asking her to take it. 

2. Don’t fall for those movies you fancy 


You know what, not all colleges look like what they show in movies. Some colleges even organize a parent-teacher meeting even if you are in the final year. Just saying. I’m not even talking about my college. 

3. Don’t you get carried away




There are this sudden freedom and new things around you, probably things that your parents would swear to kill you if they got to know about it. Well, let me say one thing clearly, You hold the complete responsibility for the results of your actions. but that doesn’t mean you do anything and everything.
There are going to be distractions and its worth the while but you need to know where to draw the line. 

4. Don’t tell everything to your parents




That didn’t sound like a real advice but if you don’t want your parents to take tension and stress all day long and invite diseases. Then heed my advice. Refine and tell them things.
That doesn’t mean you share nothing with them. You can share pretty much everything - its the style, timing and gravity of the narration that matters. Definitely, they should be the first people on your mind if you land up in some serious trouble.

5.  Don’t do what isn’t legal.


A tad bit of ragging ( I clearly do not mean bullying) always works fine in molding you up, making you strong to face the big bad world. but remember never ever give in to something that is physically or mentally straining you. you should know where your boundaries are. And always remember, treat anybody the way you would like to be treated.
Enjoy these college years, this time is gonna stay forever close in your hearts. But remember to play safe, play legally. Breaking harmless rules and codes is fine but draw the line between fun and crime. Don’t you dare do stupid things? Think twice, no, no, ten times before you do something. Let both your heart and brain combined do the decision making.



That was easy, didn’t sound like WikiHow at all.

Since I’m pretty much free now and that I have not many fans, I can respond to fan emails if you wish to send so, if not just try, maybe or never mind.

You could drop in a mail for me with any questions or information you need. Always ready to lend you my ears.

Oh! The mail id:  reshmy1997@gmail.com

Bubye 




Comments

Popular Posts