What not to expect in Architecture

What not to expect in Architecture.



Namaste!

Let’s blame it on the film industry, for this big myth. Handsome hero, an architect, gets out of luxurious office building with a sheet role and a T-scale. I wish if all that were true. 
Sighs in disbelief.


No, let me break this down for you. 
Let's keep this realistic, it is another world. Different rules, quite different.



1. It's not a colourful world unless you make it. Simple and clear. If you love the field, you will stay no matter how hard it turns out to be. And all its merits and demerits completely rests on your shoulders. It's you who decide where to draw the line. I have seen students excited and eager for an all-nighter and at the same time, there are the sulkers!

2. It’s not just designing my friends, it has a lot of working drawings behind the curtains.  I was a strong independent woman who wanted to break all the stereotypes in the society being a single successful architect - AAAnd that's when I got to know that the first years of an architect was nothing but working drawings. Very late but sadly, I decided to be a housewife just like other. JUST KIDDING!
Working drawings might sound very professional and cool. But trust me that story lasts for about a year or maybe 6 months, 1 week or maybe a minute???



3. Forget Sleep. That’s rule number 1. Either you get 20hrs sleep in a day or 2 hours sleep in a week. And it's mostly the latter. And that’s pretty good.



4. You will forget the time you saw three 100rs notes together. Take my word for this. “Broke” will be your official motto. All those beautiful models cost a fortune and hell lot of your time. You got a rich dad? , walla Habibi, join in!

5. It is gonna rain money after you graduate. Yes, let me shatter this dream for you. Nobody hires an architect when you have websites which give you house plans for 50rs. Not kidding.
No, No, Don’t even ask me for those websites. I’m not telling you about that.

If you see the average age when an architect starts earning, it is at around 45-50. Well, that leaves you with hell lot of time to struggle. 


But there are certain things you get here….Travel. If travel was part of your subject, in fact, you have to travel to learn or do something. That is niiiccceee. I absolutely love this journey except for working drawing. ugh.

So, that’s all for today guys, I got to complete my working drawings for tomorrow😓😓😓
Bubye!


Comments

Popular Posts