The Last Note - Chapter 11

Daniel. That was all I could think off. He was the only Indian in our college apart from Rachelle. He was this guy whom everyone sort of liked. But we didn’t like him. He took life a little too lightly. He didn’t understand how his uncontrollable tongue caused distress to others. His jokes and actions; we never enjoyed them. 
But Rachelle was always fond of him. Her liking for him caused even more reasons for us to dislike him. Don’t know why; but he was annoying. But there was nothing like love or anything. She always considered him a good friend. Sarah disliked him the most. She thinks he was responsible for her brother’s accident. They were good buddies. She never wanted her brother to be in his company. The more she yelled at him, the more he went around with him. One late night drive and everything went out of hands. He was very sorry for what he did, but that wouldn’t get her brother back. Soon, he left the college and I never heard of him until now.

I can’t imagine Rachelle was planning to get married to him without even asking us a word.

These days because of social media, finding people was easy. I stalked down his account and found details about him. He was here in Mumbai itself. He was working as assistant professor in one J.K college. I decided that the first thing next morning would be meeting him. Even if no one would believe, I’m sure; she didn’t commit suicide for something like this. He could possibly help solve this mystery. Daniel. He was my last hope.

Ben seemed already worried about me here, so I lied that I was here for some paperwork regarding the investigation. I had not attended his calls in the morning and he was fuming when I called back. But everything is fine now.

Suddenly, I heard a loud cry. It was Sarah. I hurried to her room. She was terrified and scared sitting in one corner. The room was in a mess. I went close to her and she scream.
She said that she saw Rachelle’s ghost and that she wanted to kill us. Saying this she pointed to the nearby window. She repeatedly said this and was adamant that we left this place as soon as possible.
I knew how close she was to Rachelle. Being in her apartment and especially in her room surrounded with all her things must have disturbed Sarah. She was just imagining things. I asked her not worry and assured to be by her side.
Sarah, don’t worry, everything is going to be alright soon. I assured her looking at Rachelle’s photo on the wall. Her smile was really beautiful, you know.



 To Be Continued...

Comments

Popular Posts