The Last Note - Chapter 4

They couldn’t find anything. All they did was close the case and assumed her to be dead. Even after me pleading, they wouldn’t do any further investigation and labeled it a suicide.
We were not Indians and it didn’t go well with them. How dare they say that? How could they just take it so casually? 
Our Rachelle was missing and we needed her back at any cost. We had no one to help us here. If uncle was there, all this would not have happened in the first place. He passed away a year ago.
I couldn’t remember anything that happened in the flat the night I was hit. So, the cops left without taking a statement; they were told that I probably fell from the stairs. But I am sure; I didn’t fall of the stairs. Maybe I have begun hallucinating like how Sarah says.

Rachelle had all bitter experiences throughout her life, she never went down, and she was a strong lady. She built up an empire for herself. She published over 20 poetry and short stories. She owns a restaurant chain, an orphanage and a publishing house.
She was just a role model for us; she grew an empire out of nothing but hard work.
Deepika was her partner. She is her cousin with whom she remained in contact even after her Dad’s death. It was a very tough task to get accepted by both the families; she did all she could but things didn’t turn out well. Deepika manages her business now with her husband’s help.

I don’t want to hear that she is no more. She can’t just leave like that. She has so much to do; she has us waiting here for her return. Maybe she must be planning a surprise visit for us.

I can’t take it anymore. I just can’t!

My phone rang and it was Ben, I cancelled it. He tried calling repeatedly but I didn’t want to pick up. I thought everything was over between us.
Ben was there along with us in our college. He was from the Arts department and was talented. As destiny would have, we both had feelings for each and wished to be together. I belonged to a very orthodox family and talking about Ben was just not in my hands. Leaving everything, I decided to get married to him. But everything was not colourful as we thought. When recession hit and we were in a huge financial crisis, I took a job up and we were stable again. Problems started when I couldn’t bear a child for him. He thought I was a burden. We lived like two different people under the same roof. He never even looked at me the same way he used to do in college. We talked rarely.

Last month we decided to part ways and have signed the divorce petition. We can’t live together at any cost. I don’t know if it’s his ego that is between us. I had a better job and position than him.


And now his call, I didn’t want to attend it. I am no more his old Jessie and he was no more my Ben. 

***************************************************
To be continued....on Wednesday 15th
This novel updates every 2 days starting from this Wednesday!
Hope you enjoyed reading
Read.Like.Share.Comment

Any queries do mail @ reshmy1997@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts