The Last Note - Chapter 5

I’m back on my feet now. Now I have got the strength to fight for Rachelle. I need to find her at any cost. I can’t believe that she is no more. Today morning, I had gone for a final persuasion, but the cops wouldn’t listen. For them, it was one among those thousands of closed cases.

Rachelle , where did you disappear ?

I went to the apartment later this evening. I was getting flashes of incidents that happened before I was hit. I could remember things now. The door! I went towards the door but it was locked. I clearly remember now that I had been hit inside that secret room. I was not wrong.
There was something unusual. I tried breaking into the room but failed. Who was that who tried to kill me? But why? Who was that? Did he do…Rachelle…? Thousands of questions filled my mind.

That’s when I heard a rustle by the Kitchen; I was terrified. Who could it be? I grabbed the knife on the dinning table and walked slowly towards the kitchen. I wasn’t imagining things, I could hear footsteps. My heartbeat was racing. I could feel myself nervous. I gathered all my courage and barged in.

Phew! It was Sarah! She scared the hell out of me. Had I got little more guts, I could have just plunged her, narrow escape Sarah!

How could I forget that I had handed over the keys in the hospital itself? Oh poor me and my memory!

I told Sarah about the secret door and I managed to convince her that I was hit in there and I did not fall at the stairs. I told her about that the one who tried to kill me must be behind Rachelle’s missing. She stared in disbelief but had no choice but to believe me.
Once again we tried opening that door. The keys could be somewhere around in the house itself, so we set on a search.
Sarah was lost in thoughts. She was behaving very differently since morning. I knew really well that she couldn’t believe that our Rachelle was missing. Something told me Sarah knew something more than what she told us.
I asked her a hundred times and she finally gave that bit out. She had found a suicide note from Rachelle’s bag by the cliff side.
I gasped in disbelief; No way was I hearing this, No!

Sarah hid it from me for what joy, I couldn’t understand. Why didn’t the cops mention anything about this?

She showed me the copy of the letter. It said that Rachelle wanted to leave this world because someone cheated on her and she couldn’t bear it.
Nonsense! She would never do that. She is the one who fights back and not the one who would end her life for something like this.


I just couldn’t digest all this nonsense. This one is fabricated. 




                                           To Be Continued...on Saturday 18th
                        Any queries feel free to email at reshmy1997@gmail.com
Read.Like.Share.Comment

Comments

Popular Posts