The Last Note - Chapter 2

The cops could find nothing leading from her apartment in Mumbai, no clues; she just disappeared into thin air.
I didn’t know that I would be travelling miles to find her missing. It was she who planned this get- together, we 5 back together. The 8th of May…the day we were supposed to meet after 5 long years.
After college we all parted in different ways. Miles apart, it was social media that kept us connected. Isabelle was married and stayed in Paris with her husband and 2 kids. Ann and Sarah seemed too young for a marriage. Ann opened up a boutique in Los Angeles and is happy there. Sarah...she was struggling with her career. She never told anyone anything. She hated bringing up questions about her life.
Rachelle told she would be giving us a shocking surprise, but we expected the least, that it would turn out to be a real shock. Ann couldn’t make it to on that day. She had some serious paperwork to be done and told that she would be joining us in 3 or 4 days.
 I stayed back while the others returned back after 2 -3 days when they got to know about her missing. It was difficult for them to leave their families home and be here running behind the investigation.
As I go through her apartment, all I can find is poems and quotes everywhere. They all talk about a long lost love. She did have a one sided love story, but that was never a serious one, just a case which she got over quick enough. It was just a popular guy in college who loved to show off, I don't understand what she liked in him. I just hated him, because he was such an overrated guy! Now that was a closed chapter.

Thud!

I heard many books fall as my head accidentally hit the shelf. This girl had a little too many books. She loved reading and writing. I was picking up those books, when a photo fell off, our photo! We took this one at the farewells! As I was putting these books back, I found a bob and it seemed like a door knob.
It was a door behind the bookshelf. This girl loved secret doors and secret chambers...and managed to get one in her own apartment! I have been here like a hundred time but how come I never knew about this neither did she tell me about this.

I managed to squeeze in, and whoa! There was a room, big enough! It seemed all good but something from within told me I was in trouble. There was a box at the corner with a lot of crumbled papers. I think these were......
.
.
.
Aaaagghh!!!

A hard blow...at the back of my head! I was in intense pain.

The last thing I remember was seeing blood around me...


Comments

Popular Posts