The Last Note- Chapter 3

I slowly opened my eyes to find Sarah besides me. When did she come? I got to know that I had been lying unconscious for the past 3 days.
I had been admitted by Mrs.Kapoor who stays in her 9th floor apartment. She said that she found me at the stairwell in a pool of blood and called the ambulance immediately.
I am not able to recollect completely what happened. How did I end up at the stairs? I...I remember the books …crumbled papers…and……!
Sarah had reached that morning in Mumbai. I had to take bed rest for a week, which I hated.

Sarah left for the police station to know the progress of investigation. She was worried and the most affected after her missing. I know how much she loved her even though they fought for the silliest possible things. They were like Tom and Jerry couldn’t be without the other.

Rachelle’s Dad was Indian and her mom British. Her mom was a children’s book writer and Dad was the head of its Publishing House. They settled in London considering better opportunities until her primary school. She had a very bitter childhood there. The amount of insults she heard was immense in her school days. No one there accepted her and her dad. That’s when they moved to Mumbai, her dad’s place. They lived happily there until her Mom was taken away by Lung Cancer. She had been a chain smoker in her early years. Even though quit later, it was already high time. Soon they moved into this apartment. She was adamant that she did her graduation in Literature, that too in London. Uncle feared the past would repeat if they went back to London but finally he had to agree to her. Like her mother she too loved writing. We joined literature because didn’t want to work so much. But she was the one who had that true passion. You could see the zeal in her blue eyes.

I don’t know how we became friends; we all were entirely different characters as I told you before. Our prime vacation spot used to be Mumbai, and so we are very familiar with the places here, the apartment, the chai stall, the beaches and the monsoons! And yeah! We managed to learn the language too! People used to talk about us in Hindi thinking we wouldn’t understand it. Before leaving, we would ask them something in Hindi and just burst out laughing! How good were those days, I truly miss them.

Sarah called me now to inform me that they found Rachelle’s phone, her Mom’s diary and her knitted bag in an area by the Cliff side.
These were the most important things to her; she carried them everywhere like a treasure. You couldn’t possibly see her without them.
Good Lord! Don’t tell me…that anything…No! That shouldn’t be her belongings, I hope sincerely. They have ordered a search in the area…They have assumed her …her to be no more!

Coming Soon...
Next Chapter , This Sunday...! Stay Tuned !


Comments

Popular Posts