The Last Note - Chapter 6

We got a key made for that secret room. I was keen about finding that box with lots of paper notes.
When the room was opened, it was nothing that I had seen, the walls were now painted blue and there was no box. There was a table and a chair at the place where I got hit.
What was all this? This was not the room I had seen. Not that one! I tried talking to Sarah. But she wouldn’t understand. It was true that I had seen this room, that box…I remember but I don’t even understand what I see now. I wasn’t imagining things, No I wasn’t.
Sarah made me believe that I was hallucinating about being hit in that room. She told me that the doctor mentioned that I could be hallucinating even in the future because of the head injury.

I had to accept it. I had no choice.

Tonight, Ann and Isabelle would be arriving. Some of our friends at the high school would try to make it to here. Rachelle’s relatives would also be here too.
Oh! Didn’t I tell you? Rachelle is no more. She is gone.
 We couldn’t even see her one last time. She just left us. It’s her funeral at the church. Nothing remains now. She just vanished without giving a clue. And I’m here helpless forced to believe the suicide story.

The services at the church got over soon. I didn’t take note of the time, time was nothing now. I refused to believe all this.
One by one everyone returned back home. Flowers and wreaths lay besides her empty coffin.
We returned back to the apartment, it was a reunion indeed, except for the fact that our host was far away from us. We didn’t talk. We didn’t cry either. The silence was killing us inch by inch.
Occasionally, Ann or Isabelle would make a call to their houses and that was the only noise heard. Sarah sat silently in a corner lost in thoughts holding onto the suicide note copy.
The more we saw the photos that were hung around in the house, the harder it became to accept the reality. Each one of us felt that she was amongst us.

Next day we would be returning, to our busy lives, work, and home …then that busy life would be all that would matter… leaving behind all that happened as a nightmare. Maybe never to return back again to this land; The Land where we lost her.

To Be Continued...



Comments

Popular Posts