The Last Note - Chapter 7

I have been promoted as the CEO in my company. Now, I had more responsibilities and duties. Along with power came more responsibilities and duties. Rachelle used to always say that I work hard only once in a blue moon but when I do I would do my best. She knew me really well. It will mark a year tomorrow after her missing. It doesn’t seem like a year is about to pass by. It was all fresh in my memory like yesterday. I am still not able to accept her death, she is just missing. Maybe living far away from us and this entire busy schedule; happy and hearty. Well, I could just wish for it.

Everything remained the same except that Sarah got engaged to Jason. At last she was ready to get into wedlock. After all, marriage is not a bad idea. I got to know this a little lately but before running out of time. After returning from India after Rachelle’s funeral, I decided to meet Ben. I still remember how we sat and talked for hours. Miles apart, we realized how important each of us were unknowingly. We couldn’t lose each other. In our small fights and arguments; we actually got to know the other more. Ego was the villain in our story. But love beats all. I have started believing in true love all once more; this time its firm. We got back together and now everything seems so simple. Sometimes Ben reminds how foolish we would have been if we had divorced because within a week or two we might have got back together and remarried!

Back home, Ben handed me a red envelope addressed to me. Who posted in red envelopes these days? Did anyone even bother to post letters now- a-days…it’s all electronic my dear!

I opened it in curiosity because of the very familiar handwriting in which the address was written.

“ Hi Jessica,

We don’t really know each other very well. But I can tell you, now I know more than you do. Here is the password to your locker which you 5 friends decided together.
*8****0
Remember? I’m closer to you than you think.
Well let’s come to the point. It is going to mark a year tomorrow after Rachelle left you. But don’t you think there was something unusual about her missing? Well Rachelle wouldn’t commit suicide for God’s sake! And you know it better than me.
Well, you got very less time. Now it’s high time that Rachelle’s mystery be solved.
Don’t try calling your other friends and bother them. It’s just you, whom I want to get involved.
I need not tell you from where to begin. Your time starts now!

Wishing you all the very best!
Sincerely,
XYZ”

While I thought everything was over, it wasn’t. It was just beginning.



To Be Continued...

***********************************************



Comments

Popular Posts